We’re welcoming the Birmingham, Sandwell & Westside Jazz Festival again this year and we can’t wait!
The festival which is in its 38th year runs from Friday 15 to Sunday 24 July.
With 19 different performances from artists both local and from as far afield as the USA at more than 10 venues spread across Sandwell – there should be something for any jazz lover!
Most performances are free to attend and many will also be live-streamed, so you can watch online if you can’t be there in person.
Full listings are available on the Birmingham, Sandwell & Westside Jazz Festival website – here’s a list of the gigs in Sandwell. Events are free unless otherwise stated.
• Friday 15 July, 12pm, Wednesbury Museum & Art Gallery: Simon Spillett Quartet
• Friday 15 July, 7pm, Lightwoods Park Bandstand, Bearwood: The Shufflepack
• Friday 15 July, 7.30pm, Central Library West Bromwich: Alan Barnes and Dave Newton*
• Saturday 16 July, 2pm, Wednesbury Museum & Art Gallery: Florence Joelle
• Saturday 16 July, 6pm, Blackheath Library: New Street Authors
• Saturday 16 July, 7pm, Blackheath Library: B.D. Lenz (USA)*
• Sunday 17 July, 2pm, Bromwich Hall (Manor House), Stone Cross: Shakedown Brothers
• Sunday 17 July, 7.30pm, Thimblemill Library, Smethwick: The Shufflepack*
• Monday 18 July, 7.30pm, Great Bridge Library: Chris Bowden Quartet*
• Wednesday 20 July, 7.30pm, Cradley Heath Library: Grandma’s Biscuit Tin*
• Thursday 21 July, 7.30pm, Great Barr Library: Playing Django*
• Friday 22 July, 7.30pm, Bleakhouse Library, Oldbury: Apex Jazz & Swing Band*
• Saturday 23 July, 7pm, Wednesbury Library: Val Wiseman*
• Sunday 24 July, 2pm, Haden Hill House, Cradley Heath: The Nitecrawlers
• Sunday 24 July, 2.30pm, Oak House Museum, West Bromwich: John Hemming & The Jazz Lobbyists
• Sunday 24 July, 7.30pm, Central Library West Bromwich: Neil Coley Big Band (Tickets £10 from Ticketsource)
(* this is a live streamed event)
These listings are correct at the time of printing but may be subject to change Find out more and how to stream the events.